Acne treatment linked to death of teenager
Friday 31st October, 2008
14 year-old Shaun Jones of Pontypridd, South Wales died after developing breathing difficulties at home. His parents called an ambulance but doctors were unable to save him once he’d reached the hospital.
Deaths from acne tablets are rare and a number of Shaun’s friends had been taking the same medication, however, the drug does come with a warning of potential skin reactions and allergic respiratory tract reactions.
Shaun’s father has paid tribute to his son saying his was a popular boy and a very talented rugby player.
An inquest into Shaun’s death has been adjourned while further investigation takes place.